I really really really wanted to.
I was sure if I tried hard enough I could have a wildly successful home bakery business, highly popular blog, totally rad online shop, semi-clean home, dinner on the table and a side job for extra cash and benefits while the hub finishes school.
(Not to mention a few minutes to spare enjoying my sweet husband and darling babe.)
But alas, I can not.
To be real honest, it's not all cupcakes and snuggle parties over here lately.
I'm overwhelmed and exhausted from thinking I can (and should) handle everything.
So several break-downs, tears, and prayers later...
I'm taking a big 'ol break from Sugar Mama Bakeshop.
It's not you, Sugar Mama, it's me.
Actually, it's not me either.
It's just not the right time.
Remember when you were little and you couldn't decide if you should get a triple scoop mint chip ice cream waffle cone or limited edition purple platypus beanie baby with your $5 allowance?
And you were like, "well, that beanie baby is an investment that will probably be worth, I don't know, $300 someday... but then again, ice cream is soooooo good."
And your mom was all, "you should make a pro-con list".
Well, what I'm trying to say is, the pro-con list really helped.
It made me wake up and realize that no matter how much I love to bake,
Lily and Hunter are WAY more important to me.
So what does Hunter need right now?
- A strong support system to get him through 10 more months of full-time school so that he can get his environmental science degree and get his fabulous dream job.
- He needs his wife to step up and make a steady income with benefits so that he doesn't have the sole financial burden of our family weighing on his shoulders.
- He needed me to volunteer to give up staying home with Lily and go back to work because he would never ever ask me to do it.
- A parent at home with her. Our schedules work out so that Hunter or I will be home with her all but 1 day!
- Her mama's full attention after work and on days off... aka no distractions of orders to be filled, marketing, phone calls, or cakes to decorate.
- Lots of smoochies, games, books, walks, prayers and love.
All this to say, It was a really hard decision but I'm ready and actually a little excited to go back to work (my old job as a leasing consultant) and I will still blog!
I love to bake and create recipes and record it all here.
I love the community & support I've found in blogging.
I just won't promise any kind of regularity.
I'll be blogging when I have time and energy for it... and when Lily's asleep and Hunter's working.
I won't be doing any advertising really. If I love a blog or shop I'll let you know about it, but that's about it.
Just wanted you to have a heads up that my shop is closing but there will be lovin' coming from my oven :)
It's too bad we can't do it all, huh?
How do you balance?