Tuesday, September 4, 2012

New Mama Survival Kit

new mama survival kit



I wanted to share a fun gift idea for any mama's to be in your life.
This makes a super fun shower gift that's totally mama focused, because Lord knows things can get a little crazy when those sweet bundles show up and mom's have a tendency to forget the basics for themselves.
Plus you could personalize this a million different ways and it's so encouraging!

IMG_0443

These are the notes I attached:

Tide to go: Life is messy. Babies are super messy.
Lifesavers: To save you from one of those days.
Slippers (or comfy socks): To remind you to take time for you
Chocolate granola bars: Don't forget to refuel... and eat lots of chocolate :) 
To go mug: So you'll never have to be without your coffee.
Instant coffee: Emergency caffeine fix.
Hair bands: To remind you to stay flexible.
Notepad: Just in case you have a hard time remembering, well... everything! Lists are a wonderful thing :)

IMG_0441

Advil: For when all else fails.
Almond Joy: Because sometimes you'll feel like a nut... & that's totally ok! 
Eraser: Because everyone makes mistakes. 
Tissues: To wipe away your tears & babies too. 
Starburst: For a burst of energy!
Sour Patch Kids: Sometimes they're sour, but they're always sweet. 
Mirror: Because you're important too. 

I also included some facewash wipes because it's a great thing to have for the hospital and this really awesome baby journal I found at Target (that I totally wish I had, you know for tracking poops and feedings and all the fun stuff).

new mama survival kit2

Have you ever done any other gifts "kits"?
I know it might be kind of cheesy, but I love them!
Let me know if you have any other ideas :)

--->Pin this post! 

10 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm putting together a breast feeding survival kit for my sister and I think I'm going to add some of the things you put in this kit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great idea! I love how customizable it is :)

      Delete
  2. I loooooove this! What a GREAT idea. You should totally pin this for pinterest. It would get tons of hits. I am totally tagging this in my favorites so I don't forget. Also, love the breastfeeding survival kit mentioned above!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a great idea, totally pinning and saving for when all my girlfriends decide they want to get married, have babies and catch up with me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How to Make Pemmican The Ultimate Survival Food

    People really should avert their gaze from the modern survival thinking for just a bit and also look at how folks 150 years ago did it. These guys were the last generation to practice basic things-for a living-that we call survival skills now.

    Click on the link bellow to find out how the early pioneers - who had a long hard journey ahead - built the Self-Feeding Fire in order to take a much needed refreshing nap (no need to add logs).

    How to Start a Self-Feeding Fire That Lasts All Night Long

    People really should avert their gaze from the modern survival thinking for just a bit and also look at

    How folks 150 years ago did it.

    These guys were the last generation to practice basic things-for a living-that we call survival skills now.

    Survival Things Our Great Grandfathers Did Or Built Around The House.

    Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets...

    So I really can't think of anyone more qualified in sharing real-life survival lessons than people who lived through times like these.

    Survival Things Our Great Grandfathers Did Or Built Around The House.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...