Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Failure

I've been thinking about this word quite a bit lately.
Probably because I feel like I've been experiencing it more than usual.
But before you go feeling sorry for me, know this:
I am a failure. You probably are too.
It's ok. Be thankful!

Bow Arrow Art: Thanksgiving 2012 Family Pics
(This is what we look like on really good days. Actually only holidays. Lil even kept the bow in long enough for a bow. A Thanksgiving miracle I tell you!)

Rest in this:
But he said to me "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
(2 Corinthians 12:9) 
See what he did there?
All of a sudden I'm a little less bitter that we're completely out of groceries, the car is filthy & I have to spend 36+ hours every week away from my baby at a job that in no way fulfills me.

For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
(2 Corinthians 12:10)  
Bow Arrow Art: Thanksgiving 2012 Family Pics

I struggle so much with trying to figure out my purpose & my mission.
How can I love people best?
Perhaps by letting them see how I fail.
Because it looks to me like my failures are just another opportunity for Jesus to be seen.

(Linking up with Amanda for Desire to Inspire.)

7 comments:

  1. This post totally resonates with me. Being vulnerable is the path to fulfillment, I am convinced. He came to heal the sick, right? Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes & amen! i am preparing to write a vulnerable post about friendship or rather, how much i suck as friendship; i am reminded as i sit down to prepare with pen & paper that i am about to share my failures and i hope people just see the Jesus in me; the weak, the sad, the downtrodden.

    i adore you friend. will be praying for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. This is just what I needed to hear this morning. I Just found your blog today and that is certainly a gift from God.

    Many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet daughter. I am virtually sending you a big long mama hug and a warm cup of coffee. You are loved more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree. being honest with our failures is a true message. one of my favorite verses is the end of the sermon on the mount in the message:
    "You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule" Matthew 5:3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen! Truly feeling some sorta way right now and I believe that this is it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this post spoke to me so much!! As a fellow mom and a Christian who works at a completley unfulfilling job, I totally understand where you're coming from. It's in these times of trial that we need to trust in the Lord even more. Coal under extreme pressure turns into diamonds and when you put iron to fire and pound it in shape, it fortifies it and makes it stronger. In fact the way I see it, all the things that get us down are shaping us to be stronger women of God!! :)

    I found your blog through the giveaway on Jessica Who's website and I am so glad I did!

    Come visit our Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you will!! It's a great and easy way to get followers to your lovely blog/website or to your Twitter/Facebook, etc...
    Link up your website and pages too! Aloha Friday Blog Hop {HERE}

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...