Do you all have those recipes that your whole fam loves so much it seems like you make it once a week?
They're healthy, easy & quick, and most important: so so good.
Well this is one of ours.
It has made it into our Top Ten rotation in fact :)
More than likely if you come over for dinner more than a couple times you'll be having Quinoa Stuffed Peppers with us.
Hope you love them as much as us!
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
(print it here if you like)
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves, crushed garlic
- 1 (15 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- ½ can (about ¾ cup) corn
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 4 large bell peppers (cut in half length-wise)
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Heat oil over medium heat & add oil+onion about 5 minutes until tender.
- Add garlic & saute for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat & add tomatoes, beans, corn, quinoa, spices & vinegar.
- Scoop mixture into peppers & top with cheese.
- Arrange in an 8x8 pan & fill bottom of pan with about ½ inch of water.
- Cover with foil & cook 40 minutes.
PS Sometimes I use rotel instead of diced tomatoes when I'm feeling extra spicy.
PPS Also I use rice cheese of course which makes this a vegan AND gluten free recipe.