Thursday, February 7, 2013

Love+Gospel+The Head & The Heart


Sometimes music speaks the gospel to my heart more clearly than anything else.
And usually it's secular music doing the preaching.
Some of my very favorite bands are The Head & The Heart, Avett Brothers and Mumford & Sons.
To be honest, I don't know a whole lot about these artists' personal lives or their faith/beliefs.
What I'm quite sure of is the way their music can move my soul & stir up passion so uniquely.
Every time I experience it I'm reminded of how powerful & almighty my God is!
How dare we try to fit him into our neatly measured, beautifully decorated, "theologically sound" boxes? 
He is in control.
He is redeeming this broken world through talented musicians & their beautiful work, whether they're proclaiming His name or not.
Do we believe that he's big enough to use the beauty, talent, art, intelligence, love that's all around us... whether it's done in his name or not?
If you love your neighbor, you fulfill the requirements of God's law. For the commandments say, "You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not covet." These- and other such commandments- are summed up in the one commandment: "Love your neighbor as yourself."Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God's law.  
Romans 13:8-10 
The way I see it, anything/anyone that's spreading love is spreading God's truth & gospel.
Whether they know it or not.
His redemption is happening, but sometimes I think the believers are the ones trying to follow so many rules, we're too busy to just stop love somebody.

Today this song is speaking life into me.
It's breaking my heart & helping me to seek the truth.
Inspiring me to love better.
That is the gospel.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...