Friday, December 21, 2012

Grandma Adams

Grandma Adams

"So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight." (2 Corinthians 5:6-7) 

When it comes to saying good-bye to the ones we love, apparently there's no amount of time that can keep it from being difficult.
97 years definitely isn't enough.
On Monday we lost my great-grandma, Melva Belle.
And though we're all praising Jesus that she gets to celebrate Christmas with Him this year, free from the pain of her physical body, letting her go is hurting a lot of hearts.
Although blizzards+highway closures came between my road trip to be with family to celebrate her life today, that's exactly where my heart is.
Grandma Adams touched a lot of lives & I'm so so thankful for the 27 years I got to know her & especially glad that she got to meet her first great-great-grandbaby.
This picture is from my grandad's 100th birthday last spring.
I think she looks so happy surrounded by all of her great-grand kids+a great-great!
I loved her reaction to seeing Lily that day.
She just reached out & took her into her arms, completely comfortable with a babe even at 97 :)
I reminded her that Lily's middle name was Belle, and she just smiled & said, "well, that's my middle name."
Yeah, grandma, it wasn't a coincidence ;)
It was just beautiful to see lives connected in that way.
My heart & prayers are with all of my family+her friends that mourn her today.
Praise Jesus for the hope & promise of a better life beyond this one.

"But we look not to what is seen, but to what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
(2 Corinthians 4:18)   

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry for your loss, friend! That is hard. My gramdma passed away in July this year. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post Ashley. We missed you so much today!
    It was a good day as far as these types of days go. Your words a
    Were read outloud and touched many. Thank you so much for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a grand, elegant,grandmother she was too, Ashley. Im sad and sorry you were kept away by poor roads and bad weather. But look twards the heavens...she is waving. Have a wonderful and Holy Christmas and huggies to Lily Belle.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...