Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I guess I can live with fall. (+My Pumpkin Molasses Cookie Recipe!)

Seems like everywhere I go, people are just loving that it's fall. Who knew it was so many people's favorite season?
Personally, I'm a total summer girl. Followed by spring, because spring means it's almost summer.
It's not that I really have anything against fall... it's just that when it's fall it's almost winter.
And I do have something against winter.
Even though I'm 100% all about sunshine, sun dresses, sun tans (see the trend?) and I'm not really a pumpkin spice latte fan (blasphemy I know), I wanted to prove that I'm not a total hater.
So I created a list of things I love about fall:

#1 Pretty leaves.

Beautiful baby- Fall 2012

#2 Cuuuuuuuuties in precious warm hats.

Beautiful baby- Fall 2012

Beautiful baby- Fall 2012

#3 Annual Traditions: Hocus Pocus and pumpkin carving with mi amor.


#4 These cookies :)

Pumpkin molasses cookies

Pumpkin Molasses CookiesFollow Me on Pinterest

Pumpkin Molasses Cookies!


  • 1/2 cup butter (Earth Balance works great for those of us that can't handle dairy)
  • 1 cup sugar 
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 1 TB cream cheese (again with the dairy... I use tofutti soy cream cheese)
  • 1 tsp vanilla

  • 2 1/4 cup flour (I used my go-to gluten free mix: tapioca, rice, sorghum, potato starch)
  • 1 tsp xanthan gum (if you're using gluten free flour)
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 tsp ginger
  • 1 tsp cloves
  • 1/2 tsp salt

  • Mix together the first 6 ingredients with your electric mixer.
  • Whisk together all of the dry ingredients. 
  • Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until combined. 
  • Refrigerate dough for about an hour (or pop it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes if you have issues with patience like yours truly.)
  • Roll into small balls and dip into extra sugar. 
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350. 

Pumpkin Molasses Cookies

Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee... or a pumpkin spice latte if you must.
I suppose I can handle the chill in the air if I've got these to keep me warm.


  1. I happen to be one of those fall-lovers you describe, but I also hate winter and darkness so the season is bittersweet to me. Those cookies look delicious! I may have to try them out this weekend for a pumpkin carving party I'm throwing (yet another perk of the season!).

    1. So fun! I do love love Halloween and pumpkin carving and pumpkin dessert... so I'm not ALL anti fall :)

  2. I like fall but no really that much. I like pumpkin, but not in my coffee, but I hate that it gets darker and colder and mehhhhhhhhhh.

    But I do like all the treats that come with it! Love this recipe, esp that it's gluten free. My mother in law has celiac.

  3. haha! That's totally how I feel about fall too - except this year I seem to be enjoying it a lot more than usual? {I was even going to do a little post on it ha} Who knows.

    Also you have tempted me with those incredible looking cookies... guess what I'll be making tonight :D

  4. Those cookies look so good! No one can hate fall after biting into one of those!

    1. haha true story. They're very fall and very delish!!

  5. I love pumpkin anything, these cookies look great.

  6. Wow, those cookies looks pretty tasty, not to mention they seem simple enough to make ~ thanks for sharing! :-)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...