Monday, August 13, 2012

We have a winner!

Congrats Ashley H.
You're the proud new owner of a Lovely Little Whimsy necklace :)
Email me for the hook up: sugarmamabakeshop@gmail.com.
love
And on a completely unrelated note, I would love to share some of my favorite words.
If you haven't read John Steinbeck's East of Eden, please consider it.
It moved me in ways I can't explain.
It's by far the best book I've ever read and I already can't wait to read it again.
Here's a tiny taste:
"I do not believe all men are destroyed. I can name you a dozen who were not, and they are the ones the world lives by. It is true of the spirit as it is true of battles- only the winners are remembered. Sure most men are destroyed but there are others who like pillars of fire guide frightened men through the darkness.
Thou mayest, thou mayest! What glory!"
Timshel
**Gorgeous pictures courtesy of my lovely sis-in-law**

I'm two weeks into this full-time working mom gig & I'm struggling.
I miss my Lily time.
I know in my heart that this is the right path.
The best decision for my family.
But it still makes me cry on my lunch break.
And right now.
I'm feeling very broken and a little lonely...
But in a good way if that makes any sense at all.
I'm so humbled & desperate for a God that can comfort.
A God who can redeem my difficult situation.
It's been awhile since I've ached for him this way and I'm thankful for it.
xoxo

Have a joyful mid week!
I'm headed to the mountains to recharge with my loves.
God is good friends.
All the dang time.

4 comments:

  1. I admire you too! I can only imagine how your heart hurts right now. God will watch over you and bless you. Enjoy your trip!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one mom to another. I truly feel your pain my precious daughter. You are an inspiration to me. I love you with all my heart. You will never know.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...