Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Guest posting & lemon glaze

I'm guest posting over at JustLove.ly today!
If you haven't seen Heather's blog yet, check it out.
She's so fun and everything over there is so pretty :)
I'm sharing my scone recipe, which reminded me of a little bonus tip I have for you.
I tried them out with blueberries instead of chocolate chips and YUM!
We all really liked them but thought we might like a little extra somethin'.
So.... I added a lemon glaze!
It's very very very simple.

Combine:
-1 tsp lemon juice
-1 tsp grated lemon peel
-1 tsp plain coconut milk
-dash of salt
-1 cup powdered sugar

Stir in extra powdered sugar until you have the consistency you want.

I poured it over my blueberry scones on a cooling rack and let the excess drip off.

The result was a very light, lemony sweetness that made the scone better than ever!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love lemon... especially with blueberry!
    I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. Come check it out when you have a chance. :-)
    http://earning-my-cape.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! I love lemon glaze. I've never tried adding coconut milk-- I'm excited to try it :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...