To that I say whaaaaaaaaaaat?
They're not scary I swear!
BUT if you're not much of a baker I get it.
So today's treat is dedicated to the no-bakers.
The no-baker loves sweet treats (and usually pretty ones).
She likes to show up at parties with a dessert more impressive than a bag of Oreos...
But she's not that interested in spending more than 20 minutes prepping :)
Obviously I'm a baker, but I'm also a TOTAL no-baker!!
I only love to bake if I have time to experiment and enjoy.
If I need something tasty and quick, well... I make these.
They honestly take no time at all & who doesn't love the peanut butter/ chocolate combo?
These are dairy free, gluten free, vegan, and you'll be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't love them :)
Peanut Butter + Dark Chocolate + Pretzels
- 1 package (8 ounces) vegan cream cheese (Toffuti is my fave)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (Sweet Earth is my favorite place to get vegan & fair trade chocolate!)
- 1-2 tsp vegetable shortening
- Pretzels (I have found gluten free ones at Whole Foods & my regular grocery store)
- Mix cream cheese, peanut butter & brown sugar together.
- Slowly stir in powdered sugar.
- Spread mixture between two pretzels to make a sandwich.
- (Eat a couple this way because they're already fab.)
- **Optional: Pop in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes for maximum dipping success, not necessary if you're drizzling.
- Melt your chocolate in microwave at 30 second intervals (stirring each time) until smooth & stir in shortening to make even smoother!
- Now dip pretzels in chocolate or drizzle the sandwiches, whichever you prefer.
- Back in the freezer until chocolate sets!
**Word to the wise:
- This recipe makes TONS of pretzel sandwiches. Seriously, I made a 1/3 batch and still probably ended up with 3 dozen. Not that you couldn't handle over 100 of these bad boys... I'm sure I could have :)
- They got a little soggy after the first day so if you think you'll have leftovers, save the filling and make another batch later!
- The filling is adapted from this peanut butter cheese ball recipe... Another fun way to serve it!