Remember how she shared her favorite recipe?
That just so happened to be a fabulous recipe for dark chocolate espresso cookies?
Anyway, it called for a brownie mix... which Sugar Mama happens to have :)
But I still needed to make some changes to make it work.
So I slaved away (and was forced to eat a couple batches that "failed").
But they're ready.
And I feel like I should warn you:
They're really good.
Just be careful ok?
I'd hate to be responsible for tummy aches.
- 1 cup garbanzo flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 2 TBSP tapioca starch (or arrowroot)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 TBSP vanilla (or vanilla powder)
- 3 TBSP coffee (or water)
- 2 TBSP instant espresso
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir espresso powder into coffee for a stronger flavor (or water if you prefer a more subtle coffee flavor) and set aside.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add oil, applesauce & espresso liquid and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tsp onto cookie sheet & bake for 8-10 minutes.
Thank you Jackie for the sweet inspiration.
And thank you Lord for dark chocolate & espresso... and cookies.